The Thing About Mushrooms

Mushrooms seem to be a very popular fungus. The thing I don’t get is, why? It’s a fungus, first of all, and it has nothing that would benefit us. I mean mushrooms are good for people that are going on a diet because of its low calories and supply of Vitamin C but that’s about it. Not all mushrooms are edible and they are fungus, which may grow from soil, an animal, or poop; usually horse poop.

Okay, now that I look at it, mushrooms are quite helpful, like for medicinal issues but they are pretty weird looking and some really creep me out.

For Example:

fly agaricI don’t think this is edible but who would eat this if they saw it. It looks so abnormal and freaky. It does look cute, but I would freak out if I touched it.

Based on Wikipedia, that I very much trust, “Although there are only a small number of deadly species, several others can cause particularly severe and unpleasant symptoms.”

I don’t know about you but that makes me want to never eat a mushroom if I find one out in the wild.

I know you guys have your own opinions; go ahead and tell them if you like, but it’s not going to change my point of view in the crazy species we call, fungus…and mushrooms.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s